Saturday, June 19, 2010

Not One of my Better Days

I knew today was going to be rough.

I felt pretty tired all week. I skipped my morning workouts on Tuesday and Thursday because I was just too tired. I didn't feel great at the gym Tuesday night and I felt pretty bad on the ride at lunch on Thursday. Then we went to see the midnight opening of Toy Story 3 on Thursday night. Last night, I fell asleep at about 7:30.

Warming up today, I didn't feel great. I could barely hold my target 260 to 270 watts, so I knew it was not going to be a record setting day. And it wasn't.

I finished with a time of 20:33 and an average of 250 watts. The time was a little high thanks to a strong head wind on the way back, but the lower power was all me.

On the plus side, my weight this morning is 183.2 pounds, down 2.8 pounds from my peak of 186 pounds just 3 weeks ago. If I keep this up at this pace, I should be around 171 pounds by Labor Day. I'm aiming for 170, so I might have to bump up the weight loss just a little bit to make it.