Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Running on Fumes

As I've said, I really cranked up the intensity over the last few weeks.

Since June 25, I've had one thought on my mind: Deep Blue 20K time trial. I've been training like a lunatic for it non-stop.

As of yesterday, I've lost 5 pounds in those 8 weeks, putting me at 189.4. It's not a lot of weight to lose for that time frame, but I had to eat a lot just to keep my performance up.

My plan was to train up until today, then start to taper for the race, which is in 10 days. That plan worked out perfectly. This morning on the trainer, on my last interval, my body just stopped. My legs were exhausted, I could barely turn the pedals, and I was ready to call it a day. Just in time.

For the next 10 days, I'll be alternating very easy days with some moderately intense days, trying to let my body rest without losing any of the hard-won fitness.

For the power.data guys, this is my performance chart from the last month:


I'm ready for some rest and a great race day!!