Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Break Time is Over

For the last 12 weeks, I've been gaining fitness and losing weight consistently, which I'm really happy about.

I'm really surprised that I was able to do so, given some of the craziness in my schedule. I was gone for a week in October for vacation, I was gone for a week in November for a conference for work, and I was gone for a week in December to see our families for Christmas.

Add in several days with meetings or rain preventing me from riding at lunch or late meetings that prevented me from riding at night, I had to make sure that my training schedule was as efficient as I could make it.

For the next 12 weeks, I don't have any trips planned. I have some of my bigger goals scheduled, though.

I came back from Christmas at 174.6 pounds. I expected to gain a pound or two, but I barely gained nay weight at all. I'm trying to figure out if I'm dehydrated or something. Despite doing nothing but sitting and eating for 8 days, I only gained 0.8 pounds. My body measurements were the same as they were when I left.

At any rate, I should be able to make my first goal of 170 pounds by my birthday on Jan 27. Once I make that, I will slow down the weight loss so that I can increase my training intensity, aiming for 165 pounds by March 30. Once I'm there, I plan to maintain that weight or maybe drift up to 168.

I plan to test my 20 minute power on February 2. My last test was 282 watts, the best I've ever done. If I can match that again, I'll be happy, but I'd really like to increase it to 285 watts.

My next test after that is March 30 (8 weeks later), when I want to hit 290 watts.

After that, it's racing season! I'm not 100% sure of what races I'll do, but some that I'm considering:
  • C-130 Time trial (May, 20 miles, Dover, DE)
  • PA State Time Trial (June)
  • Church Creek Time Trials (June and August, 40K, Church Creek, MD)
  • Lake Nockamixon Time Trial (July, 20K.... I don't have a good history with that race but I realy want to do well in it just once)
  • Ernie Simpson (September, 20K, Pine Grove State Furnace, PA)
I know, no crits this year. I'm just not feeling the love for them.