Saturday, June 29, 2013

Forced Recovery

With the PA State TT just 3 weeks away, the last thing I wanted to do was take a week off the bike but I really didn't have much choice.

I woke up last Sunday with a seriously sore throat and my nose was running constantly. At the time I thought it was just allergies, but by the end of the day I knew it was something more. I went to work Monday and tried riding but I felt really terrible.

Tuesday I took a turn for the worse and I called out of work Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I spent three days pretty much doing nothing but sleeping, watching TV, reading, and eating everything in sight.

I barely got on the trainer Friday just to see if I had any energy yet and I really didn't. My power was really low and my heart rate really high. I cut it short and went into work, which was not fun but at least it got me out of the house.

I'm still kind of congested but I don't have the serious fatigue that I did earlier in the week. I was able to get in a short ride yesterday and didn't feel too terrible. Hopefully today will go a little better.

While I'm sure my body enjoyed the rest, I'd like to get back to training with another 40K coming up!