Sunday, November 3, 2013

Behind Schedule

The chaos continues!! Many of you know that our trip in October was one of the worst, most chaotic weeks of our lives with just one hit coming after the other. As soon as we got back, I was on doctor's orders to stay off the bike and doing nothing but lying on the couch for 5 days.

It put a huge dent in my fitness. I've been gradually getting back on the bike over the last few days, with my heart rate dramatically higher at lower power numbers. I'm hoping that my fitness comes back quickly but I will definitely not be ready for the threshold test I'd planned next week.

Looking over my training plan, I'm about 3 weeks behind. Making matters works, I have a business trip and a family trip in December which only leaves me about 2 weeks to train in December and the other two weeks just losing fitness.

This winter training season is definitely not going as planned...