Sunday, September 28, 2014

Settling In

It's week #2 of foundation training and I'm starting to get used to the new routine a bit.

My legs are still sore more often than not, but I'm still hitting my power targets in my riding workouts and I'm able to finish the lifting workouts with a slightly higher total each time.

One thing I love about lifting is that it's a pretty clear and numerical thing that's really easy to tell if I lifted just a little more, maybe an extra 5 pounds in a lift or an extra rep in a set. It's a very different kind of work than cycling is. An intense cycling workout leaves you breathing hard and sweating. An intense lifting workout leaves you slightly shaky and not entirely able to move right.

I have one more week of training before my first recovery week, which I'm already excited for. After that, I start focusing my training on gaining muscle mass.

Since my body weight is climbing slightly at the same time as my body fat is going down, it seems that's already happening a bit, so I can't wait to see what I can do when that's my real focus.

I'm still struggling with my diet. I'm logging everything and I'm just eating a little too much. I think I've got a plan to fix that, so we'll see how it goes this week.

This week's numbers: (in comparison to last week)
Weight: 172.0 (up 0.2 pounds)
Body fat:17.7% (down 0.1%)
Lean Mass:  141.5 pounds (up 0.3 pounds)
Fat Mass: 30.5 pounds (down 0.1 pounds)

Upper Arm: 12 3/4" (no change)
Chest: 36 (down 1/2")
Waist: 34 1/4" (down 1/4")
Thigh: 24 1/2" (no change)