Sunday, May 24, 2015

The spirit cries GO but the body say UMMM MAYBE NOT

One of the frustrating things about coming back from a break in training is that you don't fully grasp that you're riding is different.

When I see someone make a move on a training ride, my first instincts are that (1) I can catch them and (2) I have enough fitness to do so repeatedly.

These days, on a good day, the first one might be true. The second one is a long way off.

On the plus side, my training partners are quite enjoying being able to drop me at will.

To help me rebuild, I reset all my training numbers for this spring, so my records all start in April and help me to see my progress since then, not my progress since last September (with a lot of ups and downs).

I'm making progress and slowly regaining fitness. It will just take a while!