Sunday, September 13, 2009

Then Again...

Today was Bike Philly, a HUGE cycling event with a whole lot of cyclists all over the place. Once I finally found a parking spot, there were way too many people on the road to get up any speed.

I just did a few laps at an easy pace. Let me tell you, it's not fun just cruising on a time trial bike. The gloves I wear for that bike have no padding at all, so it was pretty uncomfortable sitting upright that whole time.

If it's nice next week, I'm doing the Pine Grove TT on Saturday (though right now it's supposed to be 57 and raining at the start). Next Sunday, Philadelphia will be swarmed with runners and fans for the the Philly Distance Run, so it will be at least two weeks before I can try for a 42K TT again. Of course, one way to look at that is that it's two more weeks of training and preparation to try to set a new personal best.