Friday, January 29, 2010

Stage 1: TT

The Tour de Breakaway started today, a 3-day CompuTrainer stage race.

It isn't off to a good start for me, mostly because I was stupid. I went out every night this week and drank when I should have been home riding the bike (easy with a few sprints and threshold efforts, just to sharpen up for the race). I probably shouldn't have used my time trial bike for this race, but I really wanted to try. Finally, I started WAY too hard. Two minutes in, I was averaging 400 watts. For the next 14 minutes, I hemorrhaged time and power. I finished with an average of 275 watts in 16:47. It's certainly not bad, but it's not as good as I wanted.

The only highlight was what my friend & teammate Kacy told me. Her major goal was to beat me. Kacy is an amazing cyclist and to hear that from her really made my day. She met her goal, and finished in 16:34.

Here's a quick video of the event: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaAtdr-5ua8