Saturday, November 20, 2010

Almost back to normal

I've spent the last two weeks fighting a bad cold. Well, "fighting" makes it sound more active. Really, I just sat on the couch as much as I could while eating constantly. I barely rode the bike or the trainer at all.

Today was my first attempt at a real ride. I did pretty well.

I rode about 30 miles. For the entire time, my heart rate was about 10 to 15 beats per minute higher than normal for any given power level, so I knew I was not quite back to full power.

I did two harder efforts: one of 7:30 at 250 watts and one of 2:30 at 330 watts. Both of them were pretty rough, but at least I could do them.

Of course, sitting around and eating for two weeks, I gained a pound and a half, and am up to 187.6. At least I'm starting to feel better enough to ride again!