Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year

It's a new year and here we are again: me complaining about losing weight :-)

I can't really complain about my fitness. I'm doing very well on the CompuTrainer ((3) 3x3:00 @ 280 watts) and I'm pushing major weights in the gym (12 reps at 850 pounds). For January, that's more than I could hope for. It's still 8 weeks until my first training race of the year.

Of course, I'm complaining about my weight. When I got back from Christmas, I was up to 190 pounds. All the candy and snacks while I was back in Erie added a few pounds onto me (and I was already complaining about my weight!)

For the last 6 days, I've been training like crazy. I've been on the trainer every day, trying out each of the workouts from my favorite workout menu. I've been to the gym twice and spent one night doing balance work on the Bosu. In the process, I've dropped one of those pounds already. Hopefully I can keep losing weight at that rate until I'm back where I want to be (at or around 170 pounds).