Sunday, January 30, 2011

37

I turned 37 this week. Most people my age (maybe the more mature ones) start to think they are getting older. I thought "let's see what I can do".

I started off the day with a one hour tempo workout on the trainer. It's a long, uncomfortable workout that usually ends with my legs pretty beat up. This particular time, I felt great at the end, so I did a couple sprints. What can I say, I'm just not a sprinter. I could only hit 1050 watts. (a good sprinter in my category would beat that by 50% or so)

That night, I went to the gym and got on my favorite machine: the incline leg press. Once I got a decent warm up in, I did:
  • 3 sets of 5 reps at 850 pounds
  • 3 sets of 4 reps at 1030 pounds
  • 3 sets of 10 reps at 580 pounds (at maximum speed on the way out so the weights actually left my feet for a split second)
Not so bad for an old guy ;-)