Sunday, November 25, 2012

Break time

It's conference time! I pretty much won't get to train this week.

I'll be in Vegas, staying at a hotel that charges $20 for every time you want to use the gym. I'll be 3 hours off from my normal sleeping pattern, so I expect to be a bit of a mess. Perfect for a rest/recovery week from the bike.

At once point, I made the comment here that my weight could be "as low as" 177 by this time. As of this morning, I'm 176.2. I'm very happy about that. That's a loss of 17.8 pounds since July.

Fatigue-wise, I'm really ready for the break. The last few days, I could feel all the accumulated stress in my legs from riding pretty intensely for the last 6 weeks since vacation. I got a little bit of a break the week of the hurricane, but not much. My legs really need this.

I'm hoping not to gain too much weight back this week. I put it on the training plan as 1.4 pounds. I know, it's a lot, but I figured I'd plan for the worst.

Keeping in mind that I'll be off training for 10 days around Christmas and will probably gain weight then, I'm still looking at being at 170 by my birthday. After that, I'll slow down the loss and focus more on being race-fit (165 or so) for the races in April.