Sunday, November 4, 2012

Forced Recovery

This week's training plan didn't exactly work out.

Monday is normally my day off. Tuesday we didn't have power due to the hurricane. Late Tuesday, I started coughing.

Wednesday I was still coughing. I tried to get a workout that morning and my heart rate was running VERY high.

Thursday and Friday I took off from the bike and from work. I felt terrible.

Saturday, I got on the trainer and felt a little better. I still kept it relatively easy. Today I did a little more normal Sunday workout, which is to say still pretty easy but for two hours.

So, I pretty much did a recovery week when I had not planned on it. As a consequence, I'll do the planned workouts from last week this week instead.

Surprisingly, I lost a good bit of weight this week. As of this morning, I'm 179.8 pounds and 20.3% body fat. Even though I was sick and barely training, I kept a close eye on what I ate and it still worked out pretty well.