Saturday, May 30, 2020

Bookends

As I start preparing to ride outside, I was looking back to find the last time I rode outside at all... rather shockingly, it was September 2017. I haven't ridden outside in over 2 1/2 years!

The bigger shock was that I only rode outside 8 times in 2017.

The last time I was riding seriously and consistently outside was in 2016... which came to an end when I had my first collapsed lung.

It's amazing to me that basically the first time I had it, it broke me as an outdoor cyclist. None of my training numbers since then have been anything to note.

Now, after the second one, I am back at training seriously and making decent progress in my fitness, but it's all been on the trainer. I am geared up and ready to go for riding outside, I'm just waiting for the weather to cooperate.

Of course, only time will tell if I continue to make progress and stay focused on it, but I lovethe symmetry of the situation!