Saturday, February 19, 2011

2011 TdB Stage 2: Rolling Hill (Time Trial!)

Today was going to be a rough day. There were several elite riders in my bank and I knew I was going to have to work to stay with them.

Except that I didn't. I missed a surge in the first couple miles and instantly found myself 20 yards behind them. At the speeds we were moving, I was not going to bring them back. So, I found myself going a 36-mile time trial over rolling hills.

I'm pretty happy with how I did, really. I finished in about 1:47:00, which gave me an average speed of about 21.4 mph. Not bad for the rolling hills that we had to contend with. That was an average power of about 240 watts, which is really good for that duration and my heart rate stayed about 160 bpm for most of the day.

My legs are killing me after that. I'm looking forward to the final stage on Sunday just because it will mean that I'm done!

On the plus side, I got a new kitty tonight!